Followers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nuptials




Sunday, the weather was just beautiful and we were able to have the ceremony and cocktails outside just like we had hoped. Everything went so well. Better than I could have ever imagined. We all had so much fun. The dance floor was full most of the night.

The bride was smiling all night long. Everyone commented on how they never saw a bride smile so much. My son was pretty happy, too! They danced all night long as well.

Our guests were raving about the food, the flowers, and even the wait staff! I don't think we could have asked for anything better, things were just perfect.

My knee held up pretty well! I was on the dance floor just about the whole night, too! ME! With the bad knee. The next morning it was throbbing so I just went down to the hot tub and boy did that help me so much. I saw my massage therapist again on Tuesday for a Feldenkrais lesson and she said my muscles were unusually relaxed. So being happy and dancing is really relaxing!

I really tried to enjoy the wedding as it was happening and while it did go by fast, not so fast that the evening got away from us.

The DJ played a half hour longer than we planned because everyone was having a great time.

My cousin who had been so ill from chemo made it! And she looked great!

We are still on a wedding high and my sisters and I can't stop talking about it!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Sounds like a wonderfully, happy time!!!

Jamie said...

How truly awesome that everything went so well! I love it.

I am happy that your knee help up, too. Being able to dance on a special day like this is necessary.

Have a happy weekend, friend. Hugs. :)

KathyA said...

Oh Lena! I'm so glad every one had a good time. What an auspicious beginning to their marriage. And what a beautiful setting...

I read someplace that dancing DOES relax the muscles, releases endorphins, can even lower blood pressure!

Forsythia said...

So happy that you had a beautiful day.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so happy to read this.