Followers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

One week to go

One week from today will be my son's wedding day. It doesn't seem real to me. I know this week will fly by and so will the event. I am working on staying grounded, which is not easy for me. I am a high anxiety kind of person. So I am re- reading some of my books that remind me not to let my thoughts drive me crazy! I have a great deal of good advice at my fingertips, but it is putting it all into practice that is the challenge!

Two days after the wedding I have to go to Delaware for a work meeting with all the people who do my job in our programs around the country. We all were asked to make presentations. I do not enjoy these types of event at all. My retired husband offered to drive me down there, which I am so grateful for! He will go off and take photographs and sight see while I am working.

It will be a long day of presentations and then a dinner that we are required to attend. I have never been to Delaware, so that will be a new experience for me. I just wish it wasn't so close to the wedding. Too much for me to have on my mind for the same week. This old brain can't take so many things pending.

9 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I have a hard time keeping my thoughts under control too.

Breath deeply. That always helps.

I hope the wedding is wonderful.

KathyA said...

1. Love the pumpkins.
2. The wedding will be wonderful -- remember to enjoy yourself!!
3. Where are you going in Delaware?

Lena said...

Ruth, yes, I am trying to remind myself to breathe deeply.

Kathy, Wilmington,Delaware is where we will be going.

Moohaa said...

Definitely sounds like an overwhelming time. I'd suggest writing more. I know most of us bloggers write out our feelings. I use it as a whipping post for my emotions. Maybe that will help??

Big hugs and I hope all goes well. As for your presentation, I know you will do fine. :)

Jamie said...

I remember when my daughter got married, good heavens, I know the stress you're under! Hang in, you're right, it passes so quickly, then it's just a memory.

I don't like those presentation type work thingys, either.

Happy New Week. :)

Forsythia said...

How long does your presentation have to be? Hope it's short and that you can spend your time during the trip reliving beautiful memories of the wedding. May you and your chauffeur enjoy some good meals, conversation, and beautiful scenery during the drive to DE and back.

Lena said...

Kelly, yes, writing does help, I will try to do more.

Jamie, I like the way you put that it goes so fast then must a memory. Can be said of so many things,huh?

Fortsythia - The conference is all day and dinner, too. My part is about 20 minutes. Not too long in the scheme of the whole day, but just having to do it sets off my nerves. But I am hoping that the drive down and back will be like a get away for us. I hear there is so much to see.

Patty said...

Hey Lena,
Thank you so much for checking in on me. Yes, everything is fine. I just made some changes in my day to day life and something had to give so it has been the internet.

I remember a time I could not make it through the day without reading blogs, but I have managed to do so.

Glad I popped in before your son's wedding so I can tell you congrats, and to relax and enjoy. None of my children have married as of yet so I don't have any advice on how to pull off the relaxing part, but I know you will be just fine, and that everything will turn out just as it is meant to. It always does.

Take care, and big hugs to you.

Therapist Mumbles said...

My son got married three months ago. It was a fantastic time. Really, there isn't much to worry about; the wedding happens and everyone has fun, the details don't matter and no one notices. Perhaps you have already done the presentation, and now it's all fun. Sing and dance!