Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, got my dad all settled into rehab again. This time a new place since the other place was not as responsive to his needs this time around. He is the weakest he has ever been in his life and he is very scared about that. So onward we go.

My dad's sister is receiving hospice home care right now. They are saying that she will pass any day now. I want to go and visit her, but I am not because she has a serious infection that could be contagious and I can't take the chance of giving it to my dad. I have to not feel guilty about that.

This is the strangest Thanksgiving I have ever had. I am not in the kitchen cooking up a storm. We ordered our Thanksgiving dinner. Actually we ordered two meals. One for my husband's family and one for mine. We are splitting up for this holiday. It will be the first Thanksgiving we won't be spending together in 34+ years. We will be right across town from one another, so we can maybe meet for dessert!

I can't believe the holidays are upon us. I am so not ready for them. I feel like I lost a whole week at the hospital and am still feeling exhausted. I am glad I have the next few days off to catch up on sleep and start to feel the spirit of the season.

I want to thank all of you that take your time to read my blog. I have to say that your kind comments often make me tear up. I hope that someday I will be able to meet some of you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh honey...I know how hard all of this must be for you. But, I know that you will keep trudging on...and things, in time, will seem right again.

I hope that this day, although it will be different, will feel blessed to you. It can be, it's just a matter of attitude and heart. And I know that both are in the right place. Big, happy Thanksgiving hugs to you. :)

KathyA said...

Hi Lena!
I'm sorry that you and your family are having such a difficult time right now. I think it's remarkable that you and your husband unselfishly are spending time with your perspective families. It really says a lot about who you are. Things will get better; I know they will. Blessings, Kathy