Followers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

High alert

So my dad's stint in rehab was short lived. He ended up back in the hospital yesterday. It has been a crazy few days. I am so glad I am off of work so I don't have that pressure.

Last night I went to one store to pick up some gift bags for Christmas. The upcoming holiday has been the furthest thing from my mind, but I just wanted to get out and see if I could catch the spirit. I realized when I was in the store that I left my cell phone home and was unreachable if the hospital tried to call me. I began to panic a wee bit and went right to the check out line so I could get back home.

When I went to bed, I wanted to sleep in my clothes so if they called and needed us to rush in to see him, I would not have to waste time getting dressed. I talked myself out of that. I am just feeling I need to be on high alert, and trying to calm myself down.


7 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh honey...I'm praying for you and your family. Hugs.

KathyA said...

Oh Lena! I was in your same situation 11 years ago. I'm thinking of you.

Jules said...

Ahhhh Lena..... hugs to you. When you have no choice, hang on to the spirit of courage.

Keep writing! It always helps to provide some emotional catharsis.

Forsythia said...

Sounds like you're going through quite a time right now. Hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moohaa said...

I'm sorry Lena! What a miserable way for all to live. I sure hope he perks back up. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Jamie said...

Just checking in on you, wondering how your father is, how you are. Hang in. Hugs, girl.