Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Later in the day

It was a tough weekend end because I was fighting to keep my attitude positive. But like my therapist said, if I wasn't overwhelmed and discouraged this weekend with yet another elder crisis on top of chemo, I would not be normal! Funny, how I need the obvious pointed out to me.

On Sunday I realized we had no food in the house. I mean when the heck would either one of us had time to go shopping?  And the lack of food made me mad. I was just going on and on in my head about how we can't do this anymore and I need help. Thankfully, my sister called and she came down with a huge pot  of chicken soup. At first I thought it would be way to hot for soup, but it was just what I needed. It  made me feel all kinds of comfort and reminded me that someone would take care of me if my husband couldn't. 

Later in the day, we made a shopping list and my husband was able to go to the store because his brother came and he took a turn at caring for my MIL. So once we got groceries and we had cleaned up the house some, I started to feel a little better about things. I did not want to spiral down into negative and depressing feelings, I am trying to hard to stay in charge of my recuperation and stay happy! 

I have 2 sisters and friends that are offering lots of help. I just have a hard time taking people up on it. So accepting her soup was huge for me. And another friend is making a casserole for Wednesday night. She has been wanting to cook for me since I have been diagnosed. So I finally said YES! I have sisters and friends offering to come to chemo, too, if my son or husband can't make it. So in theory, I have lots of support, I just have to learn to ask for it when I need it. I am really bad at that.

My mom in law has already said she would not drive any longer. There will be no conflict about that and we are all relieved. I was thinking that the driving would probably would be out of her hands anyways, but nice she came to that all on her own. It will make it an easier adjustment on her. 

This chemo round has been a little better than the previous two. Could it be my relaxing massage? I am not sure. I am much less foggy brained than I was and have been up doing a few things. I am hoping to feel much better by tomorrow and get back to work on Wednesday! 


2 comments:

KathyA said...

I'm glad you have such good friends -- take them up on their offers of help. Can I go to the store for you??? I would if I could...

Forsythia said...

Glad you got some help this weekend. It's darn hard to be cheerful when the cupboard is bare and the house is upside down.