Followers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Over the Rainbow


I went to art therapy tonight at the hospital. Our group got locked out of the building due to some construction they are in the middle of. We waited for security to come to unlock, but he never came. 

It had been raining hard before we arrived, but the rain had let up and the sun  was peeking through. I knew it was just the right conditions for a rainbow. We looked around and didn't see anything. A few minutes later there was a huge, brightly colored rainbow over the hospital. It was the brightest and biggest rainbow I have ever seen in my life. It was a double rainbow, but the other one was very faint. 
I was so glad to have my camera with me although the photos do not do justice to what we saw. And the hospital building was blocking some of it. 

We ended up being sent home from art therapy, because no one could unlock the door. We all decided that if we had art as usual we would have  missed the rainbow as we would have been inside in a room with no windows. So it was meant to be that we should skip art and see some of nature's art instead! 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Aren't rainbows amazing? It's true that the pictures of the few I've caught do not do them justice. I've been known to jump in the car & go driving in the rain just to catch one. I always think of my mother when I see one.
Lucky for you. Good omen! Have a great weekend!!

Forsythia said...

It's a pretty good photo of an amazing rainbow, all the same.

Cheryl said...

Rainbows are magical...so glad you got to see this one.