Followers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Butterflies and rainbows

A few weeks ago I was working on my vision board. A vision board is a technique from the Law of Attraction in which you cut out pictures of things that you would like to attract to your life and paste them up on board.

As I was flipping through magazines looking for pictures to put on my board, I came across a picture of a butterfly. I decided why not paste that up on my board because I would enjoy attracting more butterflies to my life. So I cut it out and pasted it.

The very next day I walked into a colleague's office for a meeting but she was talking on the phone and not available to meet right then. I sat down to wait for her and looked out of the window. On the bush outside her office, was a beautiful, big monarch butterfly! When A. got off the phone, I pointed it out to her and told her about pasting a butterfly on my board the day before. We both laughed and were just amazed that the law of attraction was working so quickly. We started our meeting and I kept an eye out on the window and noticed the butterfly did not leave the bush.

When we finished our conversation, I once again mentioned how the butterfly was still there. We decided we needed to take a photo of it and she grabbed her cell phone and off we went outside.

As we got closer to the bush, I started to wonder if it was indeed a real butterfly. So I get closer to it and sure enough... it was a fake butterfly that was stuck in the bush.

Oh well... I wanted to attract more butterflies to my life and I didn't specify that it had to be a real one. But the bottom line was that fake or real, it still brought the same experience. A moment during the day in which you stop and take in something beautiful and it fills your heart up with a peaceful feeling. (Just like when you see a rainbow.)
Speaking of rainbows... I think I need to go and find a picture of one to paste on to the board as well. :-)










5 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you took it with such good humor. It still gave you a moment of beauty and wonder, and that's the important thing.

Moohaa said...

Well hey, it wasn't a real butterfly on your vision board either! :) I'm glad it brightened your day.

Patty said...

Must be they have gotten as good with fake butterflies as they have with silk flowers. My residents have some that I actually had to touch to believe they were not real. The families buy them with me in mind so I don't have to deal with watering them.

Lot the story, and glad to see you are attracting what you want to so effortlessly. Attractions have been coming to my neck of the woods fast and furious as well.

Sending you more blessings and miracles, as well as a ton of hugs.

Cheryl said...

I think it's pretty amazing. More so because it was artificial. It was placed there, and you were the one to see it. I like the idea of the board. Will I take the time to make one? I'd like to.

Forsythia said...

This was one butterfly that did not flutter by.

My husband was delighted when our grandson spotted an owl atop a lamp post in the grocery store parking lot. The next week he noticed that it was back...wait! there was an identical owl on a neighboring lamppost. Then he realized that they were fakes, placed up there to discourage who-knows-what. The perenniel parking-lot pests, the sea-gulls? Birds that wanted to nest in the eaves?