Followers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend update


This has been a very busy weekend.

First a graduation party for my niece. The weather was beautiful yesterday and the party was in the back yard under the shady trees. All the cousins were home, which is rare these days as everyone is so busy and on the go with their lives. The young adults bonded over a Nerf football and spent hours throwing that thing back and forth. Kind of fun to see them enjoying a good old fashion un-electronic game.


Today, another outside party for a relative's baby shower. They had a big tent outside for us and it was very pleasant. She got so many wonderful things for the baby. The mom did not want to know the baby's sex, which I thought was refreshing. All of the outfits were pretty unisex colors. I think sometimes it gets overwhelming with all the pink or blue if the sex is known.

Both good parties for happy milestones. Fun, family, food, and time together to reinforce the ties that bind. It is all good.


3 comments:

Sona said...

Sounds wonderful!

I wanted to know if I was having a boy or a girl because, if I were honest, I had a preference and if I was going to be disappointed I wanted time to get over it.

I was *not* disappointed!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great weekend with family and friends!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.