Followers

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heart and garden

My dad fell today in his garden and could not get up. My mom called the ambulance and he was taken to the hospital.

To make a long story short, what we all thought was a fall from losing his balance trying to tend to the garden, turned out to be a mild heart attack. We were shocked.

My mom and sisters and I stayed with him in the hospital and then as it got much later, my sisters and I convinced my mom to go home to get some rest. She didn't want to leave him, but it was good that she went home. I have a feeling it will be a long week for her.

I stayed behind with him for a few more hours, but ending up leaving him in the ER before he was admitted. He was getting agitated that I wasn't leaving because he was worried about me driving home. He kept begging me to leave. I didn't want to leave him until he was admitted, but the nurse said it could be hours and that if he was getting agitated that I needed to take my cues from him. So I left and it was hard to go. Well, he doesn't know that I hung around in the halls for a while longer before I actually left.

Just Saturday we were all sitting under the tree having such a good time, and today he is in the hospital. We are thankful that he is resting comfortably and we will pray for good news for tomorrow.




4 comments:

Sona said...

Oh I'm so sorry. My wishes for a speedy recovery.

jAMiE said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I am happy to hear he is in hospital, being cared for and resting comfortably.

Take care of yourself too, ok!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Saying a prayer for your dad and for your family.

Patty said...

SO sorry to hear about your dad's health problems. I am praying for him and your family.