Followers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Resting and in peace now


My dad passed away Wednesday evening. He finally surrendered and is now out of his pain.
I am heart-broken and relieved all at the same time.

My dad was a farmer all of his life and didn't retire until he was 82 years old. Even after he retired, he still planted a very small garden out side his home in spite of the fact he could barely walk. The above picture is the last garden that he planted this summer. Somehow, when I took this shot, I knew it would be his last. He was pointing with his cane to my husband to tell him what to pick and weed.

I want to thank all of my blogger friends who have been reading and praying for me and my family. It brought me a great deal of comfort.

Hugs to all of you, you mean a great deal to me.

7 comments:

Forsythia said...

I am so sorry to hear it. I know very well how one can be heart-broken and relieved at the same time. He is not suffering any more, and that alone is cause for gratitude. From your writings this past year, a picture emerges of a man surrounded by family who loved him dearly. No wonder he wanted to hang on as long as he could.

KathyA said...

Lena I am so sorry for your loss and completely understand the ambivalent feelings. Blessings, Kathy

Miranda said...

So sorry for your loss. ((big hugs))

Biddie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Hugs.

Jamie said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry. I have been checking and checking your blog to see what's happening. I am praying for you and your family. Big, big hugs.

Sona said...

Very sorry about your Dad.

Cheryl said...

I look at my dad and always think, is this the last? I'm so glad your dad planted his garden this summer. You'll always remember that. He'll be right next to your heart, always.