Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sleep tight

Stayed overnight with Mom last night. We are taking turns staying over to help her with the transition. She is sleeping in the guest room, not ready to go back to their room.

When I was a little girl my dad would go off to farmers' market in the wee hours of the morning. I would get up and climb into their bed and sleep with her until it was time to get up. I always loved the feeling of waking up in their bed with her.

Last night I slept in their room again after all of these years gone by. I kept the night light on for old times' sake.

3 comments:

Forsythia said...

I don't know what it was about this brief little post, but it brought tears to my eyes. Thoughts and prayers with you, your mom, and your family.

KathyA said...

What great children you are to be supporting your mom right now. The worst part is after the funeral when everyone's left. You're doing soooo much good in staying with her.

Cheryl said...

I loved this. No matter how old we are, we're still our parent's kids. You're a great daughter.