Followers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just hanging

Today was a busy day as my son was passing through on his way to a big weekend of concerts and stopped by with a few of his friends from college. It is always fun to have him and his cohorts around. I certainly could not let them leave without making a home cooked meal now could I? So I made my home made sauce and they had pasta and salad and garlic bread and they were thrilled about the meal. It was the first time I was meeting these particular kids and and I enjoyed getting to know them.



So most of my day was spent house cleaning, cooking and visiting with my son and friends.



Later in the evening we watched our Netflick pick for this week, Freedom Writers with Hilary Swank. I enjoyed that movie so much, it was so inspirational. When it was in the theaters in our area the local school board bought tickets and handed them out to all of the teachers to encourage them to go and see it. I thought that was such a great idea and so unusual for a school district! I wonder how much of an impact the movie made on the teachers and if they were able to become motivated to change the way they connect to the high risk students that they teach?





3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I saw the movie when it was out and loved it!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

mosiacmind said...

It sounds like a really nice weekend. I know my sister used to enjoy when the guys came to visit and brought friends from college. I hope that your Sunday is good also.

Moohaa said...

I've been wanting to see Freedom Writers, so now that I've heard something good about it, I'll give it a try.

Enjoy your weekend!