Followers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday

Today was a rare sunny day and it was glorious. It was the first time it felt like springtime here, and I could not wait to grab my camera and snap the crocus in the back yard.

Last night I went out to eat with my friend and we sat at Friendly's from 6:15 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. It even amazes me that we have that much to talk about. But we do!

Today was a nice quiet day. We did some chores around the house, went to Lowe's to look at carpet, hard wood flooring and paint chips. We have a lot of home improvement projects to get going on, but we left with no decisions made. It takes us forever to make decisions on house stuff, so just getting out to get ideas is a good start for us.

Later in the day, we took a drive to the beach as we often do in the good weather and then stopped off for some dinner.

We came home and the husband started watching a cowboy movie that I decided to skip and instead made some banana bread for the morning.

After I browse the blogs I am going off to read more of my book, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It is so good!

7 comments:

mosiacmind said...

What a wonderful way to spend your weekend...good time with a friend and a good time with your family.The picture is beautiful. I can relate to when it comes to paint and such it takes me awhile to decide on which one. I hope that you have a good Sunday.

Moohaa said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the new background. It's pretty.

That crocus is gorgeous! Spring is here!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I have a couple friends that I can have a 4 hour breakfast with - it's a great thing! What DO we talk about all that time?

Cheryl said...

Good friends are so hard to come by and I feel blessed that I have a few I can spend hours with like that.

We've had glimpses of spring. I can't wait for more!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I linked you on my blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.