Followers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day for Moms

It has been a very nice Mother's Day. The husband made me breakfast in bed and then I decided to head up to Kohl's and do some shopping for myself. I hate to shop but I wanted to pick up a few things and maybe a new top to wear to the mother's day luncheon with my mom. I got there as it opened and hardly any customers so it was nice shopping in a near empty store.

After my shopping spree, I met my sisters and my niece for lunch with my mom. We went to a new Italian restaurant. It was so good! We all got a red rose on our way out. Next, my mother and I went shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I had received a gift certificate from my boss last week for staff appreciation day, and wanted to pick up a new stir fry pan. They also accept coupons from Linen and Things, so I had one in my purse for 10% one item and that was put to good use.

While we were in the store, my second son called to wish me a happy mother's day. My first born was waiting for me to get home and then he was planning to come for a visit. So I headed back home and had a nice visit with him. Last week I was telling him about an old movie Awakenings, with Robin Williams and Robert Deniro and telling him how great it was and that it is a movie that I thought he would enjoy. I had been thinking about the movie all week. My son noticed that it was being aired this afternoon. That was perfect timing, as I had just sat on the couch and I was ready for a good tearjerker movie.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that may stop by here today.







5 comments:

Andrew said...

I always loved that movie as well. Classic Deniro and Williams. I'm very pleased you had a good mother's day. Have a good night tonight and thank you as always for your comments on my blog. Take care!!!!

Mike said...

Happy Mother's Day. Glad you had a nice day :)

Moohaa said...

Awakenings... man I haven't seen that in years. I'm going to find that at the video store. It was a great movie.


Happy late Mother's day!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It sounds like you had an almost perfect day. Isn't it wonderful when that happens?

jAMiE said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day!