Followers

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Later that day

The husband went up yesterday to drop his 80 something year old Mom to her college alumni weekend. She has been home mostly taking care of the father in law who is ailing and was counting on my husband driving her out of state to her reunion. He dropped her off and then continued on up to Vermont to pick up my son from college. They got back this evening and tomorrow morning he will be driving back up to Mass to get his mom and bring her home. I image that she is happy as a clam being with her classmates and being back on the campus that she loves so dearly.

The brother in law is taking care of my father in law. It is good that the brothers can work together so that everyone gets their needs met.

I was excited that my son was coming home. I always forget though that he will just breeze in and out again. Well, he did sit for a while and chat with me, but then he was off to a welcome home barbecue at his friends' house and will stay there the night. But I know he will be home in time for Sunday dinner.

I had a good day on my own. I planted the rest of my flowers and then tackled the garage. I made a good dent in getting rid of junk in there and decided that I would start planning a tag sale. I haven't had one in years, but I think it is time to get into the swing of it.

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sometimes having a day on your own is the best. My husband and I both work at home, so they come very rarely for me.

Congratulations on getting all your flowers planted. I haven't even bought mine yet. I'm having a slow spring.

Moohaa said...

Sorry you didn't have a whole lot of time with your son. But it sounds like it was a fruitful day for you. Getting rid of junk always feels good.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Every little moment I have with my son is appreciated. My husband keeps telling me it's normal for a young man not to need Mom much - but I don't like it!