Followers

Monday, May 26, 2008

It has been a busy weekend. Saturday, we took a ride to the shoreline and had dinner to celebrate our anniversary. On Sunday we had a big family cook out at my parent's house. It was a really nice time, the weather was so beautiful out. This morning we went back up to our hometown for their Memorial Day parade as my newphew was marching in it.

Later I did a lot of yard work outside, but my main goal of getting the pool open did not happen yet. We are still trying to raise the water level and clear off all of the fallen leaves, etc. from the pool cover. It takes a long time. I wish I had done more during the weekend, but there wasn't that much time. How can three days off go by so fast? I really need to get in my pool and swim. I need the excercise and I need the time to de-stress. I just want to get it opened and prepared so by the time the hot weather hits, it will be ready to use.

I also spend time this weekend, listening to Eckhart Tolle's webcasts of A New Earth. I could feel myself letting the concepts slide and I was sinking into negative thinking that was causing me to suffer. It is such a simple concept to stay in the now, but it is so hard to put into practice. I need reinforcement, so listening to the classes with Eckhart and Oprah helped me to get into a better mindset and this will help me to start off the work week tomorrow.

A couple of wonderful tributes to Memorial Day check out Ruth and Diane.



2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Don't be too hard on yourself for what you didn't get done. Just keep working at the task as you have time and it will get done.

And thanks for linking to my post.

Patty said...

Good job reaching back to the classes to get you on track. This one book has changed my life more than any other I can recall. As long as I can stay out of ego and stay in the moment I can be nothing but content. It is blissful,and I want it to last forever. (which is totally NOT thinking only in the moment. Is it?) We are all a work in progress.