Followers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Last day of vacation

I took my mother to the doctor today. We waited for the doctor for one hour and the only magazines they had were medical ones. It was really hard to sit and wait without interesting reading material. After they called us into the exam room I picked up a copy of Newsweek and it was so old, all the articles were from before the election. That was very annoying. I usually bring a book, but I forgot because I was in such a hurry this morning. But that is the least of my complaints.

On top of that, the Dr. didn't have her records from 7 years ago because he moved into a new office. She has had the appointment for about 3 weeks and in that time, they did not receive them yet. And to make matters worse, he said he wasn't the right doctor for her problem, even though her other doctor referred her. So we pretty much wasted the whole morning at the wrong doctor, and she still has her issue. He did recommend a couple of other doctors she needs to see, but before we make appointments, I think I will call ahead and speak to the doctors to make sure we are on the right track. At least they validated our parking!

After the appointment, we went shopping and ended up at our favorite, Stew Leonard's so that was fun and we both got some good buys!

6 comments:

KathyA said...

And he should pay you for your time! The way some doctors book their appointments really frosts me. I can understand emergencies arising, but some double book and you wind up sitting there forever. I wait 45 minutes and then I leave, but not until informing the desk. I guess I'm kind of a b&^%$ that way.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry about the inconveniences. I'm glad you had fun shopping.

Cheryl said...

I can't tolerate waiting that long. I used to have a doctor who was like that. I switched. You should see all the magazines we have in our salon. All current. Way too many. Sorry you had to deal with the day this way.

You are a great daughter, btw.

I hope the eye training works. You've seen it with your son, so you know the potential is there. Keep us informed, and good luck!

Forsythia said...

Oh, SO ANNOYING!! Unfortunately, misplaced records, ancient magazines, long waits seem to be the norm these days. Plus, no apology for inconveniencing two people, not just one. Hope your Mom gets some real help with her problem.

Sona said...

This is one of the reasons I've been taking my health into my own hands. Not only the time and expense of it all, but even when you do see the doctor they've made their decision within a minute and ignore most of what you say anyway.

On a side note, I tend to bring my own magazines or catalogs and leave them behind in the office. Great way to 'recycle'.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Shopping can cure many ills.