Followers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Shocking news all over

On Friday I was in my kitchen cooking dinner when the 5:00 PM news came on and announced that John Travolta's son Jett had died. I was shocked. I felt so bad for the family, and at the same time I was thinking about how I don't know them, but I feel like I do. I watch John on Oprah all the time and I remember when Jett was born, and how cool I thought his name was.

I have been thinking about the family over the weekend and my heart goes out to them.

This morning I got a call from my boss. I knew that because he was calling me on a Sunday morning the day before we are due back from vacation that he must have bad news. All my co-workers faces flashed before my eyes wondering in that split second who was the one that he was going to tell me about. I can't tell you how shocked I was to find out that he was calling to tell me that one of our students died on Friday.

The student is the same age as Jett. Due to confidentially I won't go into anything medical. But this was a sudden and unexpected death. It is very, very sad.

So we all head back to school tomorrow with a heavy heart, and I think about this brand new year and how it is not starting off happy at all for many people.

5 comments:

KathyA said...

So sad when a child dies. I experienced the same situation at school several times. That call is so disturbing as somehow you just know.... Blessings for your faculty and students.

Cheryl said...

You never know when bad news will come. Death is a part of life, but no one wants to experience being left behind. I'm so sorry for these young men and their family and friends.

jAMiE said...

So sad for both losses...i bet their parents and family and friends are devastated...death has that affect on all of us.

Forsythia said...

Sorry to hear of the deaths of these young people.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

These are both almost impossible to understand. we can only pray for strength.