Followers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some thoughts

It felt like time had stopped on Tuesday during the inauguration. I was at work watching it on CNN /Facebook with people from all over the world. To know that so many non-Americans were watching and rejoicing with us was awesome.

The day before, Martin Luther King's birthday, we went to an art museum and they were showing the documentary of Dr. King's life and work with the civil rights movement. I sat in there with many families with children of different races and thought about the inauguration the very next day and how far we all had come. While I remember so many of the incidents while growing up, it was powerful to see everything in sequence. So unbelievable that so many had such small minds and mean spirits. Such a miracle to see it changing and vibrating such hope on the whole planet.

I did not want to go to bed inauguration night, I could have stayed up all night watching the inaugural balls, but knew I would be sorry the next day. So I did one better. I went to bed and actually had a dream that I was sitting with Michelle and President Obama just hanging out and having a chat. Nothing special, I believe we were talking about cats. But in my dream, I was up close and connected to them as if they were my friends or members of my family. I was so happy when I woke up, because it felt real to me. So much better than watching T.V.

I try to pray for the first family every morning at 8:00A.M. as I have heard that there is a movement to get as many people as possible to do so. The word is being passed through churches, talk shows and word of mouth.

5 comments:

KathyA said...

I just read that President Obama's approval rating for his first week is 68%. I think that's pretty good. I'm so very hopeful!
I think of all the students I've taught, too, and what a great role model he is and his family is for all of us.

Diana said...

I just had to comment. I have had TWO Obama dreams since the inauguration. Last one was yesterday and we were sitting down at the white house at a huge dinner adn I was sitting next to him. I said,"how did I get such an honor?" He said, "I guess you drew the short straw and patted me on the shoulder and smiled" Funny how we dream.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Your dream made me smile.

We pray for them every night at bedtime. I'd never remember the 8:00 am thing, but I think it sounds like a wonderful idea.

Lena said...

Kathy - Yes, the approval rating is amazing. Can't have enough good role model for the kids!

Diana - Nice of you to stop by and comment! I am so glad you could relate to the way I felt about my dream! You were lucky to have two dreams! A good dream can keep me going all day. Hope you stop by again.

Ruth - 8:00 A.M. is a hard time to remember, but if I forget, I just do it when I remember. I just think it is awesome that so many are praying for him all day long.

Cheryl said...

I think this is a great idea. I plan to do it when I wake in the morning.