Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Celebrity Detox

I have never pre-orderd a book before, but I did reserve a copy of Rosie's new Celebrity Detox book. It arrived the other evening and I sat and read it in one night. Since so much of it was leaked before it came out and since I keep up with her blog, there wasn't too much new information in it that I hadn't known about. In that respect it was a wee bit of a let down, but yet I do find inspiration from Rosie in many ways. The most important being that she is not afraid to speak her mind, no matter what the back lash is. This I stand in awe of. This is something that I still struggle with a great deal. I learned to silence myself a long, long time ago and it is the hardest thing to undo without struggling with a great deal of anxiety.
It is always interesting to me to read about a celebrity's life and have an inside peak of what it is like to have that kind of fame, money, and connections. I know that there is a big trade off, as sometimes it seems to me that it may not be worth it to lose all of your privacy. But I guess celebs that stay grounded learn to be able to deal with it.
I found it to be an interesting read and it sure took guts to be so raw with so much personal stuff. But it is in telling her story that she is able to connect to her fans/bloggers and that is what appeals to so many of us, even though we may not always agree with everything she does.
I can easily see how fame can be like a drug and how it can skew your sense of self and your expectations about life, and how it can be so hard to trust those around you. No matter how famous one becomes, it is still necessary to be human and struggle along like the rest of us.
All proceeds of Rosie's book go to the new school of performing arts that she is building in NYC, so buying the book is a way to help out kids as well.

No comments: