Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brooke is here

Winter storm Brooke is hitting our area today, making it yet another stay at home and off the roads kind of a day. This storm is supposed to turn into sleet and freezing rain later in the evening, so I don't expect to get out of here today at all. I have home made tomato sauce simmering on the stove and my husband, son and I will have our usual Sunday dinner here without the rest of the clan.

We were planning to get over the Stew Leonard's today to buy a turkey for Christmas dinner. Hopefully we will be able to get there tomorrow. I still have a few things to wrap and could consider myself done with shopping, but I never feel done until 12/24.

I more concentrating now on getting things ready for Christmas dinner. I am having the in-laws here this time. I think it may work better than it did on Thanksgiving. So I am getting out all my Christmas plates and serving dishes and getting the house in shape and organized. I like to do as much as I can a few days before.

So I should cut this break short and get back to work!

1 comment:

KathyA said...

We had ice this morning and now it is very windy and clearing.
I'm wrapping today, too and trying to determine if I've forgotten anything. I'll do the food shopping tomorrow, also.