Followers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 2 of vacation

I had my infected tooth pulled today, and decided to go with the Novocaine. I have been putting it off for months so it is a relief to have it out. I brought my IPOD to listen to so I would relax some. I am very anxious at the dentist's office so I was hoping this would help. It was a challenge getting the tooth out as it needed to come out in pieces and the dentist worked hard at it. I turned up the IPOD and I even started to "sing" during the procedure. It was a good coping skill for me. Then I thought I might be bugging the doctor so I stopped for a while until the doctor told me to continue that "singing' was OK with them. So I started back up again, and I found it very comforting.

I felt pain despite what everyone said, but I just rode it out, and did OK. So I have 4-6 months to heal until the implant goes in.

A snow storm is heading our way for the morning commute. Luckily I will be home tomorrow relaxing and recovering and have two DVD's to watch. I received Momma Mia for Christmas and Net flicks sent Hairspray. I have seen both of these movies and enjoyed them, so it will be a perfect day to see them again, or at least fast forward to my favorite parts!

Time for ice on...


6 comments:

Forsythia said...

Wow. Congratulations on getting it done and riding it out.

KathyA said...

I could REALLY feel the pulling! Don't know if I could have sung through the procedure. You are one hell of a woman.
I've had eight teeth pulled in prep for orthodontia that I had in my 20's: four impacted wisdom teeth and four bicuspids, but I was out cold for it and probably wouldn't have it any other way.
Ice is good. Happy New Year!

Lena said...

I would be put out for 8 teeth as well! That was sure a lot of work to have done at once.

Happy New Year to you!!

Yolanda said...

Feel better soon and have a Happy NEw year.

Cheryl said...

Well, I knew there would be tugging, but I really didn't think you'd feel anything. And I didn't know they'd have to take it out in pieces. The good news is that it's over and done with. Thank goodness.

I've heard of the group you talked about in your latest post, but have never 'heard' them. I'll have to be on the lookout.

Enjoy your movies. Happy New Year!

jAMiE said...

Wow...now i'm even more nervous about getting mine out, ouch! But you did good...well done...i'll take my iPOD too, thanks for the tip...i hope i can be as brave!

Happy New Year..all the best for 2009!!!