Followers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday update

I am enjoying a bowl of turkey soup from the leftovers. A warm kind of day for soup, but a nice light supper is good after all the delicious meals over the holiday.

Christmas Day worked out fine, I was able to stay home and cook as the other relatives went to visit my father in law in the hospital in the early afternoon. He was moved to a rehab center later in the day on Christmas where he is doing better, but still struggling with an infection. Because he is confused, I don't believe he was even aware of that it was Christmas. Hopefully, he will be able to come home in a few weeks.

It has been a busy few days! Christmas Eve we went to my cousin's house to celebrate with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We have been doing this since I was a little girl. There are over 50 of us now as the family has grown over the years. It is a fun and crowded time! Over the years we have scaled down the menu from the all the fishes, to make it easier. Although the food is great, it is the company that can't be beat!

My sister had all of us over last night at her house for a nice dinner and gift giving. We had a really nice time and ended up staying later than expected!

Today we ran to Borders to use a gift card my husband got for a gift, then home to make turkey soup and continue putting the house back together.

I am getting a bit nervous for Tuesday because I am getting a tooth pulled. I have had an infection for a few months now and have been able to tolerate it with not much trouble. Dentist said that even if an infected tooth isn't causing problems that you can feel, it can still be doing damage in the body. So I decided to just get it done and over with and go for the implant. a

So I have tomorrow to get my nerve up!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad your Christmas was pleasant. The way it's supposed to be.

You'll be fine with your tooth. You won't feel anything, and it will heal really quickly.

Happy almost New Year!