Followers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My father in law is still in the hospital and will be through Christmas. The good thing is that he is doing much better. He has responded well to the antibiotics and improving daily. He will go to rehab after he is discharged, which will give my mother in law some much needed respite.

I have all the shopping done and now I can concentrate on just getting the house in order and the meal preparations. I am making turkey and using brand new recipes that I got off of the Oprah website. I never cook new recipes for holidays, but there is a first time for everything!

7 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so glad he's improving.

Have a merry Christmas.

Lena said...

Thank you for your concern and prayers!

Merry Christmas to you.

KathyA said...

It is SO hard to have loved ones hospitalized over the holidays. I'm glad, however, that your FIL continues to improve. Blessings and Merry Christmas! Kathy

Cheryl said...

It's a shame that your father-in-law will be in the hospital for the holidays. At least he's getting better, and hopefully it will never happen again.

I'm so glad you have your boys home and as you said, that they're such good friends. You did your job well.

Looks like it will be a white Christmas. Have a joyful holiday!

Forsythia said...

May you have a wonderful holiday. Hugs to you, your hospitalized father-in-law and your worn-out mother-in-law and the rest of your family.

Sona said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing well. Sucks to be stuck in for Xmas, tho.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm taking it pretty easy. Wearing my knee brace. I'm satisfied with the progress I made. The Christmas cards are off the cabinets and pantry door. Tree undecorated. Tinsel trees packed up. Gifts put away. My daughter is finally on her way home from her dad's and I'm off to get dressed. The house smells wonderful from the pot roast. It will be done in about 10 minutes.

How is your father-in-law? How was your holiday?