Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I hate when the phone rings late at night

I am sitting by the phone waiting for the husband to call. My son is driving him up to the hospital because my father in law is being taken there by ambulance. He has not been well for a while now and was in and out of the hospital in the summer. My poor husband was already sound asleep for the night so to wake him up with bad news was hard to do.

It is hard with the elders. We are only 20 minutes away, but with the snow and ice tonight, I know it will take them awhile to get there. My mother in law was going to follow the ambulance, but she is not supposed to drive at night at all. I know it will be hard for her to wait for them, but I sure hope she does because we don't need to worry about her being on the road on a night like this.

It will be a long night.

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm late to this, but I will still say a prayer.

jAMiE said...

I have said a prayer too...i hope all is well.