Followers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Finally put up our tree up today and it feels good to have it all done. Pretty much puttered around the house listening to Christmas music afterwards. I made a good dent in my shopping by doing it on-line. So I am feeling good that I am getting caught up some.

My favorite ornament is this tatted star made by one of the students who used to go to my school. I think I posted the picture last year. It was pretty cool to see a young man with this talent. We always encouraged him and hoped he would turn it into a little side business for himself. I hope sometime he stops in and lets us know what he is up to now.

Short post. Maybe more time tomorrow.



5 comments:

Sona said...

I love that star!

KathyA said...

Beautiful ornament. I have some crocheted snowflakes, but nothing this unique; nothing homemade.

Patty said...

Hey there,
Beautiful ornament, even more beautiful history of the the ornament.

Just stopped by to say hello!

jAMiE said...

Lovely star, pretty lights...i hope he stops in to see you too!

Forsythia said...

Love the star, too!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, Emergency Rooms are uniformly awful, I'm afraid. Even one at a nearby teaching hospital treated a man 101 years old much the same way that Mom was treated. His caregiver did not think he would survive his 12-hour ER ordeal, but somehow he pulled through.