Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Never too old



Last summer my son and husband went to the Newport Folk Festival and saw a singing group called Young at Heart. All of the members were about 80 years old and they tour all over the country and Europe singing covers of rock and roll songs. Some of their picks are Purple Haze, by Jimmy Hendrix, I Feel Good by James Brown, Forever Young by Bob Dylan.

My son said that they were so good he got the goosebumps listening to them. This Christmas my husband got him the Young at Heart DVD. We all sat the other night watching it. I highly recommend it. It was so inspirational and moving and really hits home about the power of song.

They are based out of Northampton, MA and play in that area frequently. I checked their website and right now they are practicing new songs for their summer tour. I sure hope I get an opportunity to watch them perform in person this summer.

4 comments:

KathyA said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love stories like this about people who stay young.

jAMiE said...

I hope you get to see them too!!! What a wonderful story!

Happy a Happy New Year!!!
All the best for 2009 = )

Forsythia said...

I'll look for them. Happy New Year.