Followers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello Benedict







Snow storm Benedict hit our state today with a record snow fall of 22 inches and more in some parts. The state was closed down today for all non essential employees and all schools were closed. Some schools have already canceled for tomorrow.

Posted are some pics from around our yard and of my husband who decided to do some snow shoeing with 40 year old snow shoes. Although the digging out was difficult, the snow fall was beautiful and the temperature in the 30's. So all in all it was a picturesque New England day.

6 comments:

Forsythia said...

Great pictures! It was Maryland's turn to have a giantic snowfall last year. We're still reeling from the memory and called it "Snowmageddon." Beautiful pictures. I love the snowshoes.

Lena said...

I was just thinking when I woke up this morning about all the snow you had last year!

We are on day two of no school.

Miranda said...

Awesome shots. I always love lotsa snow, it's pretty. Except I hate the problems with it. I remember snow shoeing when I was a kid.

Cheryl said...

That's a lot of snow, and very pretty. I love the snow shoes! I hope you're shoveled or snow-blowed out and that life can resume as normal soon.

KathyA said...

Benedict? Somebody named it?

Yes, Maryland has dodged the bullet twice now. Everything is blanketed but our streets.

Lena said...

KathyA

The weather men named the snow storm, just like they do hurricanes.