Followers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Motivation comes in all forms

I renewed my membership at the therapeutic pool yesterday. If you signed up for 3 months, you got the 4th one for free. So I am covered until May 5. I am hoping that paying so far ahead will motivate me to use the pool on a regular basis. My joints seem to be so much stiffer this winter and I am in constant pain. Hard to think of doing any other exercises but stepping into the warm water and swimming. I believe that as long as I am moving, it will do me good.

The CD that I listen to in my car for the first hour of my travels on the road for my job is by Lousie Hay, the best selling author of You Can Heal Your Life. It is called 101 Power Thoughts. I enjoy listening to it and have heard it many times. Each time something new stands out. Sometimes I am moved to tears by some of the affirmations that resonate with me. When I am listening I think about my kids and other friends whom I think would benefit from this and I am tempted to go out and buy them copies. But I don't. I think people have to find their own way and if you try to push a concept or strategy at them like that, they will resist. So I may mention it here and there a few times to plant a seed, and if they are interested they can ask me to borrow it or get it on their own.

I enjoy Lousie's calming and soothing voice and I so want to be inspired!

On an unrelated note, the icons to underline or justify,etc. have disappeared from this page. Does anyone have any idea how I would get them back?

5 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

This sounds like the perfect book for my daughter. Maybe I can send her a helpful hint in some subtle way! Thanks for the suggestion!

Forsythia said...

You're right. People get a certain look in their eye when you say, "You MUST read this book!"

Cheryl said...

I'm going to see if I can get the audio book from my library. I'll let you know!

KathyA said...

I think positive thoughts are indeed powerful -- especially when repeated.

I'd also like to know how to italicize and underline comments. I think the icons are either on "compose" or "HTML", but not both.

Jamie said...

Yes....I am guilty of trying to use the same inspirations that work for me on others, it never works. And I can never understand that...

I love that you are writing so much more. :)

I hope the pool helps you. It got me started in getting back in shape.

Big hugs, friend. :)