Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just another Wednesday night

We were all prepared for a snow storm to come in later this afternoon, so when it started at 10:00 A.M. we were all surprised. The snow came down steady and heavy and before we knew it, it was an early dismissal day. It let up by the time we were dismissed making the drive home easier than expected.

I headed straight home and settled into my kitchen and cooked up a storm. I made an eye of round roast,smothered with some Merlot and French onion soup. Potatoes and carrots on the side along with a green bean casserole. Delicious!

After supper we watched the first episode of MAD MEN. I found it hard watching the show because there was so much sexism, it was pushing my buttons! But it sure was indicative of the times as it takes place in 1960. One episode was enough for tonight and we will watch another tomorrow.

I took a break from the TV and then turned it back on to watch the last half hour of American Idol. I don't usually watch until they get down to the top 10, but of course I wanted to see how it was going with the new judges. I like them and it seems like it will be a good season, because the talent looks awesome.

Now I am listening to my Grooveshark account. I love the instant access to music. I should be in bed, but I am betting there will be no work tomorrow and staying up late listening to my music. The wind is howling out there, the snow is drifting, mixed in with an icy rain. Wondering if we will get any of that snow thunder I am hearing about on the news?

I have had so much time off due to the snow storms that I feel like I semi-retired! I like the feeling!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Somehow you make the weather and snow days sound really inviting, although in my neck of the woods, it's just plain irritating.

I want to have dinner at your house!

Hugs, friend. :)

KathyA said...

I used to love early dismissal days! Cooking up a storm is good on those snow days.

Forsythia said...

I love snow days and "cooking up a storm." The photo is lovely.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I will gladly trade you one day of warm Texas sunshine for one snowday to sit home and enjoy! It's a shame we can't have a little of the best of both worlds! :-)