Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Checking in


So I figured out how to safely smash some dishes outside under our deck on flagstone. I wore my safety glasses and went out in the pouring rain and windy weather and smashed. It felt as good as I thought it would fueled with a good loud F**K U Cancer!!!!

My blogger friend Jamie asked if I had pain or symptoms. The answer is no. I feel fine, no symptoms at all. It is very strange to feel so good and have such a serious disease.

My husband told me the other night that he had a dream that he saved me from a bear. We were outside in the back yard and a bear was walking towards me. My husband ran into the house to get some pots and pans and he came running out banging them together to chase the bear away from me. I thought that was a very sweet dream. I know he is there to protect me and he has been a wonderful support. He allows me to do what I need to do and is there for me on every level. How lucky am I? I have a tendency to apologize all the time. He reminds me daily, sometimes hourly, that there is nothing I need to be apologizing for.

I know husbands need extra support at a time like this, so I am glad that a few people have reached out to HIM!

I have a very busy week with a brain scan, bone scan, CAT scan and surgeon appointments scheduled. It was supposed to be vacation week, but life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans. -John Lennon

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am happy to hear that you have no pain and that makes me realize how lucky you are to have found this so early...I am not the best at taking care of myself, it does make me think.

You are very blessed to have such a good marriage and a husband that is completely there for you. That makes me smile.

Good luck with what I know will be a stressful week. One day, hour, or minute at a time.

And John Lennon was quite a genius, wasn't he?

Biggest hugs. Jamie :)

KathyA said...

Good for you for allowing yourself a controlled and safe rant!

I felt that way, too -- about feeling fine, even though I had cancer living in my ovary! That really amazed me.

What a sweet husband you have. How telling is that dream!!

Forsythia said...

What a wonderful dream. It is so good to have a husband who's there for you. I'm one of the lucky ones, too. Seems like all my sisters have lucked out, too. Beaucoup de hugs for you two.

Cheryl said...

It's mid-week, and I'm wondering how your tests are going. More specifically, how you're handling them. I'm so glad you have your wonderful husband by your side. I'm sending good thoughts your way. Can you feel them?