Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happiness Runs

I went back to work this afternoon after taking off Monday and this morning to rest up after the chemo.

It felt so good to be back at the office working on my computer, answering calls, and doing what I
do. People were happy to see me and I felt like I was home.

My co-worker who put off her mammogram for 5 years went on Friday and everything was good! I thought she was brave to go and get it done! I loved seeing her happy face this morning, free of all that stress she was holding onto about her health.

As I walked around the building today and I listened to the scuttlebutt in the background, I heard people going on grumbling about this or that. Of course, I remember being like that when I didn't have my hands full with cancer. I want to stop and tell them to enjoy their life and to stop with the grumblings. But I keep walking and I hope that when this is behind me that I don't start falling back into old grumbling habits.

Happiness takes work on a daily basis and I so need to remember that!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I love your insight and new perspective. I suspect that when this is behind you, you WON'T take life for granted. You are pretty awesome, just saying.

Hugs, friend. Happy you're feeling well. :)

Forsythia said...

You're so right. Griping and complaining are a waste of everybody's time. Why is it so hard to remember this simple truth?

Cheryl said...

I just caught up on your posts that I missed. I like how you ended this one. Happiness does need work, especially when you're not feeling it. Sometimes just smiling can give you what you need.

I hope today is enjoyable :))

Andrew said...

Hey! I've been keeping up with you and what you're going through on your blog. Your composure and strength show through in your writings. I am always here for you and in the meantime will be reading along.

Geoff Maritz said...

Hey girl, popped in to say Hi and see how you are doing. Hmm, good post.
I think God gets really annoyed with us when all we do is gripe, "The sacrifice I require is a grateful heart."
I noticed your profile picture is a rainbow, so just for you I have poster a picture of a rainbow on my blog, the sign of God's promise especially for you. God bless, Geoff.

KathyA said...

I'm glad you were able to get back to work so quickly.

And you're right about happiness taking work.