Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekends are good

Yesterday was a nice normal day. Usually I drive out of town and have my session with my mind/body therapist. She was out of state this weekend, so I had a Saturday off! The sessions are an hour and a half, and I drive an 80 minute round trip to get there, so it takes most of my Sat. afternoon. It is worth every second of it, but it is nice to have a day off!

My husband has been away for the weekend and my son came over yesterday to visit and brought his dog over to so I could play with him. We decided to go for some lunch and wanted to try out Sonic. They opened one up around here months ago, but we never went. The traffic and lines over there were out of control for months. It has slowed down a bit now and since it was later in the afternoon, we took a ride over there.

For those of you you are not familiar with Sonic, it is just another fast food place, with a gimmick. You drive into a stall and order your food through a speaker. When your food is ready, the girls skate to the car in roller blades and bring you your food. You sit in your car and eat.

I thought of Sonic for two reasons, one I had never been there I wanted to at least try it once, and my son had the dog and I didn't want to leave him behind. The dog sat in the backseat and snacked on baby carrots while we ate junk food. What is wrong with that picture?

Later in the day I met a friend for dinner. We talked all night long, and I barely talked about cancer, I am trying not to do that to my friends. It was fun!

Today I will pick up my mom and we will go visit dad's grave, shop, and go out to lunch.

My husband will be back late today, so we will celebrate Father's Day with him tomorrow.



4 comments:

forsythia said...

The dog ate carrots and didn't beg for junk food? This doggie must really be into self-discipline. :-)

Josie Two Shoes said...

I'm a fan of nice normal days for me... and especially for you!! I'm sure it really helps to spend time with friends or family and not have it be all about cancer. You need a break from that word and time to breathe freely every now and then!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Sonics are common in this part of the country. The food is... typcial fast food, just ok, but they make great old-fashioned chocolate malts! It's hard to find actual malts anymore. :-)

Jamie said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday. :)

A dog that eats carrots...

LOLOL!

Have a great evening.

Hugs, friend. :)