Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kemo eve

Thank you for all the comments. I am not pissy, you all made me laugh!

There were two times when I felt brave. Both times were when I was asking the oncologists about some alternative treatments that were not scientifically based. To my surprise one doctor allowed the treatment in conjunction with the chemo, but you have to get the drug from Germany and it is expensive. The other doctor not so much a believer, but he was very respectful to me. No eye rolling! :-) It is always a little scary to go out on a limb and ask something outside of the standard practice and I was nervous about it, but I did it.

Last night was the first time I didn't sleep well. I didn't want to go to bed and stayed up until 11:30 P.M. on a work night! Unheard of for me! But it was also so humid in the house so that didn't help! So tonight I am so tired that I am hoping I will sleep very well. Then all I have to do tomorrow is get up, put one foot in front of the other, and show up at the hospital. I will put myself in their hands with my inquisitive nature of course!

Today a coworker came up to me and told me that she had her last mammogram 5 years ago and they had some concerns and had her go for a biopsy. They didn't find anything. But she has been afraid to go back all of these years. She told me that I was her inspiration for making the appointment to go because I have been walking around work so strong. I am happy that I can inspire women and I am so praying everything will turn out fine for her.

DREAM

I had a great dream the other night. It was sort of like a movie you know when you see someone sleeping and then their spirit leaves their body and walks away. Well I was sound asleep in my bed and had that experience of getting up and walking away from my body. I thought I heard my youngest son (age 26 living in RI) come home. He walked in my room, it was dark in there. I said," why aren't you in RI?" He said he came home to see me and when he came closer to me and hugged me, he turned into the little boy he was at around 10 years old. He had his young boyish voice and longer blond hair. It was the coolest dream ever to sort of go back in time like that! I didn't even remember the dream the next morning, only later in the day when he called me, the dream came back to me! He thought it was pretty cool, too!

4 comments:

KathyA said...

Seems you're finding more and more about yourself as you go through this journey -- and it's all good! Blessings tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Your in my thoughts today, with prayers. Picture every teeeeensy little cancer cell that just might be unlucky enough to be lurking around being lazer destroyed and blown to bits as you go through it. It can't hurt and might help, and hey --- what else do you have to do?

Hugs. Lots of hugs. J.

Forsythia said...

What a great dream!! Hugs for the journey.

Jamie said...

Wondering how you are doing this evening. Big hugs. :)