Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Resurfacing

Yesterday was one of my recovery days from Friday's chemo. I had hired a housekeeper to come and help us out and she canceled on Saturday when I was feeling better and came on Tuesday when I was feeling like death warmed over. She saw how I didn't feel well and she did the basics then left early. I was so glad to see her go so I could just relax and sleep. That is all I can do, sleep and let the foggy brained feelings pass.

My husband was gone all of Tuesday and stayed overnight with his mom as she was coming home from the rehab. He had to grocery shop for her, get her house ready, deal with newly found termites in her house, deal with water leaking into the house from a backed up gutter, and other stuff. Once again he was torn between leaving me alone after chemo and being with her. But I knew I would be OK and my son is close by if I needed anything. I could have had someone stay here, but I would rather ask when I am really in need. It is not easy for people during a work week to come and stay over. 

My  son stopped by after work and he took me to the drug store because I needed yet another medication for yet another issue that came up. He visited for awhile and we got to catch up. Even 5 minutes of seeing either one of my kids is the best medicine that I could possibly ask for. 

When my son was leaving he patted me on the head - on my new  peach fuzz head. It was just so sweet and my heart melted. I am so glad that both my sons are handling all of this so well. They are not afraid to talk about things and allow me to talk when I need to. I love that they are not uncomfortable seeing me with no hair and just treat me normal, just like the mom I have always been.



6 comments:

Lena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forsythia said...

Hope you're feeling much better today.

Jamie said...

You bring up a subject I have never thought about, but one that would matter as much as the illness does, to me, too. How WOULD my kids take something so worrisome, so devastating, like you are having to go through? I think it's wonderful that your sons are there for you, and can be normal with you and around you. From their perspective that would be hard. Apparently you have taught them well, to put what scares them after the importance of helping someone that means the world to them. Hopefully I will have to never find out...and I am sorry that you have.

You are a good mom.

I hope that today you feel much better, and assume you do as you are on the computer. Are you back to work today?

Hugs, friend. Hang in. :)

Lena said...

I took today off, too. I am all messed up from them changing the day and going into all of this with the infection. So I needed an extra day.

But I am feeling way better today!

I can check work e-mail from home and get a few things done so it does not pile up too much.

Tomorrow, I will go in and get back in the swing of it... until the next time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using the time and effort to write something so interesting.

My site:
rachat emprunt www.rachatdecredit.net

Cheryl said...

I hope you're feeling good again, and back on schedule. Enjoy your weekend. Any plans?