Followers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

100 Things about me



1. I am the middle sister, no brothers.
2. My parents are well into their 80’s God Bless them.
3. I was a stay at home mom for a few years. Loved it.
4. I am afraid to fly.
5. I collect heart shaped rocks.
6. My 33 years of marriage has been worth all of the hard work.
7. I am proud of the men my sons have become.
8. I try to pay attention to my gut feelings.
9. I have always enjoyed reading about spirituality.
10. I love to laugh, but don’t laugh as hard or as often as I used to.
11. I love to read, but kind of heavy on the self help category.
12. I didn’t want an I-Pod, but I enjoy the one I got for a gift.
13. I love talking on the phone.
14. I am not much of a shopper.
15. I can be scattered.
16. I am not ashamed to cry in public.
17. If I had a chance to live my life over… I would believe in myself.
18. I grew up on a farm.
19. I stopped coloring my hair a few years ago.
20. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck is an all time favorite book of mine.
21. I used to iron my hair when I was in high school.
22. I met Andy Rooney from 60 minutes at a picnic.
23. My first date with my husband was to a Joan Baez concert.
24. My zodiac sign is cancer. (July 1).
25. West Side Story was the first musical live play I ever saw when I was a kid.
26. I want to stamp out lookism.
27. I like to have company, but rarely entertain.
28. My two best friends are friends from Jr. high school
29. I go to my parents’ house just about every week for Sunday dinner.
30. I can’t calculate math in my head.
31. I enjoy taking photographs.
32. I wish I had a best friend friendship like Gayle King and Oprah have.
33. I have over 5,000 songs on my Launch cast radio station.
34. I am a terrible speller, thank goodness for spell check.
35. I like to stay under the radar.
36. Paul was my favorite Beatle.
37. I am a creature of habit.
38. I used to run a home day care when my first son was little.
39. I sat next to Fran Drescher’s uncle at a taping of The Rosie O’Donnell Show.
40. My favorite vegetable is asparagus.
41. I love stir fry with tofu.
42. I was in 5th grade when JFK was assassinated.
43. I met my husband in high school.
44. I never quite feel like I fit in.
45. I love blogging more than I imagined I would.
46. I believe in miracles.
47. I used to teach pre-school.
48. I spend every Christmas Eve with over 50 relatives from my mother’s side of the family.
49. I enjoy award shows.
50. I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated.
51. I have the best dreams and I usually remember them.
52. We used to help out my dad by wiping tomatoes to get them ready for market.
53. I loved getting tractor rides from my dad on the farm.
54. I miss wearing flip flops and the sound of them makes me sad.
55. I tape The View everyday, but I wouldn’t say it is my favorite show.
56. I miss my natural black hair, I dream about it sometimes.
57. I used to be a hospice volunteer.
58. I had an out of the body experience once.
59. I wish I had a good enough voice to be a singer.
60. I take a Feldenkrais class every week.
61. I spend way too much time on my laptop.
62. I hope to be a grandmother someday.
63. I am a firm believer in the mind/body connection.
64. If I could wear jeans and sneakers everyday I would.
65. I was almost published in Chicken Soup for the Soul, Christmas Edition.
66. I enjoy making whirlpools in my pool.
67. I am on the anxious side.
68. I am a good listener.
69. I can be a party pooper.
70. Kathy Griffin cracks me up… there I said it.
71. I enjoy playing badminton in the back yard.
72. Bocce ball is fun for me, too.
73. My favorite game when I was a kid was called Bus School. (we made it up)
74. I remember the feeling of losing my imagination as a kid.
75. I love getting my hair and make-up done.
76. I enjoy massages.
77. I am a sucker for reality TV shows.
78. My dog Missy taught me about unconditional love.
79. I enjoy kids more than adults, they are so honest.
80. I want to give up diet soda, but I still drink it.
81. I don't take compliments graciously.
82. I will pick garlic mashed potatoes over rice any day.
83. Coffee ice cream is my favorite.
84. I admire vegetarians, but don’t have the conviction for myself.
85. I like getting the healing kind of chills.
86. Lighting candles in a church is comforting to me.
87. I make a great apple pie.
88. I am not easily motivated.
89. I was bullied in elementary school.
90. I was blessed to have had a stable home life growing up.
91. I am impatient with people who talk too much.
92. I like to make collages.
93. My pain-body gets the best of me still.
94. I want to be a better friend.
95. I have learned to question my thinking.
96. I strive to be happy instead of right.
97. I enjoy gem stones.
98. It is hard for me to forgive myself.
99. I love to get comments on my blog.
100. Speaking up for myself still doesn't come easy.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Loved it! Funny that we're opposites on #13. I always find calls to be an interruption. I'm with you on #14. I'd have liked to experience farm living. I'm a Cancer too (6/27) Lookism? I like that you visit your parents every Sunday. I'm a creature of habit too. And don't quite fit in. Why don't I get massages more often? I get a great discount. I'm afraid to try collages.

Was your 100 list easier than you thought? Once I started, it just kind of flowed. I'm so glad you did this.

Lena said...

Hi Cheryl,

Glad you stopped by so soon!

I enjoyed doing the list, It was easier than I thought, because I never thought I could get to 100.

I would work on it and then come back to it. I kept changing it. It was funny what things popped into my memory.

I bet you would be great at collages, you are so creative! Yes, you should get massages more often if you get discounts... I am jealous.

I think I am more confident on the phone than in person, that is why I like talking on the phone.

That is cool that we are both cancers.

From Wikipedia:
Lookism is discrimination against or prejudice towards others based on their appearance. The term is not in widespread use, though it appears in major English language dictionaries.[1]

Lookism has received scholarly attention both from a cultural studies and an economics perspective.[2] In the former context, lookism relates to preconceived notions of beauty and cultural stereotyping based on appearance as well as gender roles and expectations. Important economic considerations include the question of income gaps based on looks, as well increased or decreased productivity from workers considered beautiful or ugly by their co-workers.

Moohaa said...

I love your 100! We have a few in common like #31 even though I'm bad at it. And I hope to say #7 in the years to come as they grow from boys to men.

Hugs!! You are a beautiful person!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Great list. I could comment on lots of them, but I'll just pick a few.

I love the idea of collecting heart-shaped rocks.

Coffee ice cream is my favorite too.

Your #74 made me feel sad.

I'm probably going to do this list too, but not for a couple of weeks (when I hit my 100th post).

mosiacmind said...

It was fun reading your list. It is a fun way of getting to know people more. I think of things that I could have said when reading some other people's lists. I hope that you have a good day.

Forsythia said...

Loved your list, and getting to know you better. Lots of items on your iist resonated with me as well.

Cheryl said...

I found it surprising when I did my list that I was able to come up with 100 things. One day I'll do a new list just to see how many repeats I get.