Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's a heat wave

Two days of a heat wave and so far, it is pretty unbearable. Tomorrow there is already a heat advisory in effect.

So after Sunday dinner at my parents house, I came home and decided that I wanted to go and see "Sex in the City." My sister and I were planning to go together yesterday, but it didn't work out. So I decided at the last minute to just go on my own, and I couldn't think of a better place to keep cool than a movie theater!

I was never one of those women who was a follower of the show, because we don't have HBO. I caught it in reruns and knew the back stories well enough. I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. I am not into fashion and my life growing up on a farm in a small New England town is just about as far away from the Sex in the City girls as one could be. But the movie took me away for an afternoon of fantasy and distraction from my day to day routine. I loved watching the fashion, glamor and the NYC life.

This will be a very busy week with it being the last week of school. I am bracing myself for all the last minute parents who will be calling and wanting to come in for an interview before Friday. For some reason everyone tends to wait until the last minute!






3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you gave yourself a break from the heat. Sending you good thoughts for the coming week.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I thought the movie was really fun and funny too. Here in Ohio we're in the 90's and I'm in the AC.

Cheryl said...

We're in a heat wave here too. Whew.