Followers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Post challenge

The 30 day appreciation challenge was an interesting exercise.  Some days it was hard to find 10 things in one day to appreciate, but I often realized I was missing some important small things. It was part memory and part taking certain experiences  for granted. I also learned as I went along that if I actively looked for the things to appreciate in the moment, there were so many. 

A couple of weeks into it, I learned that the 10 things did not have to happen in one day that we could go back to the past or something we looked forward to in the future, so that made it easier. But for some reason, I enjoyed the challenge of finding 10 in a day. 

My practitioner said that as I was doing this assignment she noticed that my body was more relaxed and connected and moved much better. A positive outlook made a difference in my body! I could feel it, too as far as being able to stretch more than I could before I started the the practice and less pain in my knee. 

I also felt like it became a spiritual practice. It was something that I did everyday that I needed to be focused for and it caused me to reflect on my actions and perceptions. I realized one day that you do not have to travel to Bali to find a guru to make some significant changes to your life. Since I won't be traveling anywhere, I was very happy to have that revelation. :-)

I decided to keep the lists up in my journal so I would not lose momentum. I had such an awesome Feldenkrais session today and want to keep up the good energy I created for myself!

The next thing I need to work on is my diet and food issues. I have worked that angle in the past in different ways, but never stuck to a plan for life. The most success I had was in an Over Eaters Anonymous group years ago. Years. ago.

I have been studying the effects of a balanced PH level for good health.  I have read a couple of books as well as research from the internet. I started reading a year ago, then gave up thinking I could never change my diet so much to achieve a balanced PH level. Most of the food I ate (meat, dairy, etc.) is high in acidity. I realized thinking I could never do it, was well just plain negative! Maybe, just maybe I can make the changes. Maybe it does not have to be for 0 -60! I could start with small changes. So I have been trying to add more of what is good for me and less of what is bad. I am planning to call a natural path to help me with a plan and test my levels. This is scary to me and it is scary to not to do it, too, as the research is very convincing that this is something that can help cancer from reoccurring.

So if I commit to it publicly, maybe it will help me to follow through this time. So much work ahead of me. I need to get busy!


- Myself and I  we got some straightening out to do. - Fergie

2 comments:

Forsythia said...

Bon Voyage on this most important of journeys. I wanna come too!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Following your lead, I finished my A-Z list of things I'm thankful for, and just as you've noted here, it turned out to be a wonderful spiritual journey. I too felt more physically energized as I relearned to focus on the positive. It becomes a fun game of watching for things to report, conjuring up some good memories, at times making me laugh, and even adding hopes for the future... like retiring in a place with trees! I also intend to keep on with my lists in shortened form, keep the momentum going. THANK YOU Lena, for being my inspiration!

Food/diet issues - my biggest obstacle in life, and Papa Bear's as well. We're talking about it and I hope you'll share your steps on that journey as well!

Wishing you more blessings than you can count! XOXO, Josie