Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mother Teresa

I was blown away last night when I saw the piece on Mother Teresa on the news. She doubted God's existence yet she continued on with her work every day and kept smiling. Deep down she was a tormented soul, but never let it show.

She wanted her letters destroyed, but no one respected her wishes and now all her most inner most thoughts will be made into a book so they can make lots of $$$$. OK, I should hold my judgement, maybe the money will be donated to her charities.

It bothered me that they did not destroy her letters as she wished. It was the least they could have done for her, a woman that I don't think asked for much, if anything for herself.

I just can't help wondering that if she were a man or the Pope, would those wishes have been honored?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I do believe they destroyed John Paul's letters after he died. I didn't realize they didn't do the same for Mother Teresa. Interesting to think about.