Followers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Stranger

I have been caught up ( hooked is an even better word) on the life of a blogger. He has a history of mental illness and alcoholism and tonight he announced that he bought a case of beer and is having a slip. I don't know this person, but man, he is a wonderful writer, and I have been captivated by his blog/writing/life.

I am disappointed by his slip tonight and many of us bloggers are all worried about him. We stay tuned and will faithfully check in with him in the morning, hang over and all.

I see where blogs can become like a soap opera or reality show. We become addicted to them just like we do to TV; and then we feel we can have opinions and feelings for all the main players, even though they are total and complete strangers.

Some how they don't feel like strangers because we feel we know them well.

A connection is born out of our own needs and perceptions and it is somewhat safe at this distance.

Or so it seems.

No comments: