Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

LJ

When I walked through the doors of our grocery store the other day, a feeling came over me that I was going to run into someone special. I made my way straight to the salad bar and as I was sprinkling my salad with dressing, I looked up and saw my son's ex-girlfriend standing right at the end of the counter pouring soup into a carry out container.
Just last week, my son and I had been talking about her and I said that I was surprised that since they broke that I have never run into her.
So it was very ironic to run into her after her name came up so recently and it was such a chilling(in a good way) feeling to have that premonition of running into someone when I walked into the store, even though I didn't know exactly who it would be.
When I looked up and saw her standing there, I said hello to her and she immediately came over to me and hugged me hello. It was really nice to see her, and we had a chance to catch up.
It's not that I wanted them to get back together, not at all, it was just great having her around so much at the time and my being the only female in the house, I really enjoyed her company. It was a little loss when they parted.
It has been about three years now and they have touched base with one another a few times over the years, so they had a friendly split. They both have matured and moved on and that is a good thing.
It was a very nice surprise in the middle of the work day to run into her and reminince about some of the fun family times we shared. I was also glad that she seemed to be happy to run into me as well.
It was a little joy for the day!

4 comments:

Moohaa said...

What a neat event to have happen. It is chilling when we have that forethought isn't it?

I'm glad you got a chance to catch up.

Have a great weekend!

Mike said...

It sure is neat when our instincts prove to be right.

It is sad when someone is part of your daily life, and suddenly they aren’t there any more because of a breakup. I'm glad you and your son still have a good relationship with his ex-girlfriend, it makes things easier. My mother still communicates by email with one of my old girlfriends, and I think it is nice that they stay in touch.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jAMiE said...

How nice...i am glad you ran into her!