Followers

Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Birthday

It is my son's 28 birthday today. Over the weekend we took him out to dinner with his girlfriend and had a wonderful meal at Dakota. On Sunday, my mother had us all for dinner and we brought a birthday cake up for dessert and we all celebrated again. After dinner we watched a video of my sister's wedding. She was married 12 years ago on his 16th birthday. So it was fun to watch the video and see all the kids so young. We just had a fun family day, laughing and reminiscing.


Today I was thinking about the day he was born. He is my first born. When I went into the hospital everything was going along just fine. There was a woman in the room next to me that was having a breech birth and having a time of it. The staff was preparing the operating room for her because she was going to need a Cesarean birth.


Wouldn't you know that at the last minute, her baby turned around and she was able to deliver naturally, and I stopped dilating and my baby went into fetal distress. I was the one who ended up in the operating room to have the Cesarean birth!


Fortunately, all was well. A happy and healthy mom and baby boy. Seems like yesterday in so many ways.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a great son he turned out to be!

Patty said...

I love remembering all the little details of my children's "birth" days. When they were younger, and at home, I used to regale them with the details, but now I just go over them in my heart and enjoy them just as much.

mosiacmind said...

sounds like a good evening. hope that you have a good day.

Mike said...

Glad you had such a nice family day. It's always fun to watch old videos when everyone was younger.

Moohaa said...

What a birth story! I'm glad you had a good night. Sounds like a sweet time of memories.

Cheryl said...

And happy birth day to you. What a day that must have been. Time truly does fly.

jAMiE said...

As Cheryl said, time does fly...happy birth day to you Mom. I am so glad you enjoyed your family time.