Followers

Friday, February 1, 2008

Boob Tube

Last night was a couch potato night watching TV. The premiere of LOST was on. The husband and I borrowed season 1 from my son a couple of years ago, and we would watch 3 episodes a night. We became so hooked. Then we followed it on TV. When it had that long hiatus last year, the husband decided not to watch it when it came back on because he said he lost interest. I kept up with it last season and was sort of thinking of letting it go like he did this season as well.



Instead I got pulled in by all the hype and I talked him into watching it with me. He didn't enjoy it and said he is done with it. I am on the fence. There is a part of me that is curious about the story line, but the episodes drag on. So much camera time is spent on the cast walking in the woods. They don't answer enough questions and the plots are so far out that I wonder if they will ever come together and make any sense?



Yesterday I heard that there will be another story line this season about another airplane that gets found in the ocean, with the same flight number. Will that plane be filled with the same characters? One of the cast also said on a talk show that those characters who seem to be good will turn out to be evil and vice versa. Hmmm....well I guess I will figure it out next week.



I stayed tuned to the new show Eli Stone that was on after LOST and I found that to be enjoyable. The main character has an aneurysm on his brain and has auditory and visual hallucincations. (Hence, George Michaels singing in all of the promos.) The show had a sort of spiritual bent to it and I think it is going to be very interesting. That was enough TV watching to last all weekend!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I won't be giving up on Lost. There's always something new going on. I read it will end after the 2010 season. We'll see.

I watched Eli Stone last night on the web. The main character looks like Ken Olson's son. He's the producer and former star of 30 Something. I always loved him, and the show Brothers and Sisters, that he produces. So, we'll see what happens with this new series. I hate getting involved with new series (Jericho) that then get canceled.

Have a good Saturday.

Lena said...

Cheryl,

I saw that Ken Olin was the producer. I loved 30 Something. do you remember his made for TV movie, Doing time on .... (it was the name of a street, but I can't remember it now)? That was excellent, too.

I think I just get impatient with LOST. It was better watching the DVD and we went from one episode to another with no commercials and not having to wait until the next week. I did enjoy seeing some of them off of the island, though. I know I will contine to watch. Too much time invested now...lol.

Have a good weekend, hope you are feeling better!

jAMiE said...

I forgot to watch Eli...i'll catch the next one which i t hink is on tonight, i hope i can pick it up.

Not a fan of Lost but my fiance is, he loves it..i'm too far behind (i think) to catch up...i have to admit it doesn't interest me in the least though.