Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Weekend Ends

Today was a busy day. We celebrated Valentine's Day with my parents as well as the birthdays of my sister and my nephew. We had a nice fun time sitting around the table after dinner having cake and laughing together.
We left to go home and we were in the house no longer than 5 minutes when the phone rang and it was my mother in law. My father in law had collasped the paramedics were there and they were about to take him to the hospital. We jumped back into the car and headed up to meet them at the hospital.
I stayed at the hospital for awhile and when it looked like he was doing better, my husband sent me home and stayed with him. He knew it would be a long time before all the tests were run and the doctor would come in.

So I have been home about an hour and the husband has called saying still no news. I cooked supper so at least there will be food to eat when he gets home, even though it looks like it will be pretty late.

When I left the hospital I could not believe how slippery the roads were and it was a bit tricky driving home.

Now I am home watching the Grammy's, my favorite awards show, and waiting by the phone for an update.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope the news you hear is good. Waiting at the hospital can be endless. It's never a good place to be.

I've been watching the Grammy's along with you. Hasn't it been great? I've loved it. And, I'm almost all caught up on reading my blogs! For the first time in a week! A good night.

Moohaa said...

I hope all is well. Let us know when you hear something. Just said a prayer for him!