Followers

Friday, February 22, 2008

Law of Attraction

I have been re-reading about the laws of intention. I had read about them over 20 years ago, but never really got into the habit of practicing setting my intentions on a conscious level. The following is a true experience that happened to me over 10 years ago, and I believe a good example of the power of visualization.

We had just bought our new computer and it came with the Encarta encyclopedia. I was looking up different things to show the kids how to use it, just for the fun of it and looked up Oprah Winfrey. I printed out the information with her picture and for no particular reason; I stuck it in the corner of my mirror on my bureau in my bedroom. So there I saw it every single day when I sat on the edge of my bed to put on my shoes in the morning and when ever I looked in the mirror though out the day.
A few months later I heard that Oprah was coming to our area to lead a 5 Mile walk. I decided to call up to try to get tickets to go. I had to call quite a few times, but I finally got through and got tickets so that my husband and I were able to attend.

There were throngs of people there. Reporters from Extra and other shows were following Oprah around interviewing her, but we actually got very close to Oprah, so close that she even bumped right into my husband. Everyone was trying to talk to her and people were bringing up their kids to meet her. I didn't try to chat with her, I just enjoyed being in the thick of it and managed to hang around her and take in all the action and had a great day.

Weeks later I was in my room and noticed the picture tucked into my mirror. I realized in that moment how it was no accident that I was able to get tickets to Oprah and get so close to her. I had been seeing her picture every single day for months.

Unconsciously, I had been creating the intention, and it brought me the experience of going to the walk and being in her presence.

If you think about it, there are things that you have attracted to your life as well. I have another story to post next time.

2 comments:

lisamoon said...

lena, i have also been pondering this notion. i've not seen the movie nor read the book but have had discussions on the topic. i'm noticing how thoughts i've had for decades brought me what i recently had. i believe that getting divorced has helped me see where i've been stuck and has helped me to reconsider ideas that have long not served me. pretty amazing we can simply change our perspective and call in new breathing. beautiful!

warmly,
lisamoon

Jamie said...

Thank you for reminding me of somthing I had forgotten.

Have a good day!