Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Recipe for you

I love Linen N Things because they will take expired coupons. I never seem to get there in time, but it does not matter. I picked up another Simple Solution to organize under the bathroom sink and a couple other small things. 20% off on entire order was a good deal to me!

I took my computer with me and stopped off at Panera Bread for lunch and free WiFi. Although very crowded, I was able to find a seat very quickly and had hardly any wait for my lunch. I hadn’t been there in a few years I think. I enjoyed the cream of chicken soup with wild rice and Caesar Salad with grilled chicken.

I found it hard to write and eat though, so I did not end up blogging from there, but just read a few blogs. I was sort of distracted by trying to eat and manage the computer and get up to do things and having to drag the computer with me. I am sure with practice I would get better with it!

I think I am going to start cooking dinner now. The husband has to stop at the hospital to visit his dad before he heads off to his painting lesson. I have been trying to cook some of his favorite dishes this week to cheer him up.

So here is one of our favorite recipes taken from an Italian Cook Book called, My Godfather about 20+ years ago.

My Wife’s Spinach

1lb. of spinach cooked, well drained
3 beaten eggs
½ lb. ground beef
½ cup bread crumbs
1 medium onion
½ cup sour cream
½ lb egg noodles
1 cup of mozzarella cheese chopped or grated. (part skim)
¼ lb. melted butter – you can use less or none at all

In large bowl mix spinach with beaten eggs, ground beef. Add bread crumbs, onion, sour cream, cooked noodles, some melted butter, and cheese. Mix well. In a large greased casserole place mixture. Pour melted butter on top.

Bake 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.


4 comments:

mosiacmind said...

that sounds so yummy

Moohaa said...

That actually sounds really good!

I've always admired those who can do everything with their laptops. I don't even have one. Someday I will. Glad you had a good day!

And I LOVE Linens and Things!

jAMiE said...

Sounds yummy!

Cheryl said...

You were at my favorite place! I don't eat while I'm on my laptop, it's too hard like you said. I like to drink my coffee and blog. I love that!