Followers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Making the Rounds

Yesterday was a busy day. After doing a bunch of our Saturday chores we headed up the hospital to see my FIL. Our oldest son came with us. He is the only grandchild around right now, so it was good he was able to come along.

When we got there FIL was asleep. He woke up for a few and acknowledged that we were there, but drifted back off to sleep. He had been running a temp and has a terrible cough, neither of which is a good thing on top of everything. So we sat and just kept his sleeping body company.

After we left there, we stopped to visit my aunt in the nursing home. She is there still recovering from the heart surgery she had in December. Finally, she looked and sounded like her old self! It was great to see her bouncing back after all of this time. Today, my mother is going to take her out for Sunday dinner at her house.

We are going to a reception this afternoon for one of our friends who is having an art show at a local gallery. So we will miss Sunday dinner at my parents’ house. My aunt is so excited about going out and especially having my mother’s home cooking!

After visiting my aunt, my son came back to the house with us and we ordered out pizza. I so enjoyed having him spend the day with us. His girlfriend is away visiting her parents for the weekend and he was in no hurry to go off anywhere.

I fell asleep on the couch after he left and then woke up full of energy and finished off the rest of my chores around the house and stayed up until about 1:00 AM which is late for me.

Now off to get ready for the art show.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds alike a day well spent.

mosiacmind said...

Your day sounds really busy yet productive. I am glad that you got to spend some good time with your son and saw some relatives. I will be eager to hear how the art show was. I miss going to some art shows.