Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Day


After two weeks in the hospital and no news as to what was the actual cause of his collapse, my FIL was transferred to a nursing home today for some rehabilitation. He left the hospital with none of the clothes that he came in with because the hospital lost all of his clothes and even his shoes. They switched his room 3 times and his personal items did not keep up with him. I have sent prayers to St. Anthony and hopefully they will turn up!

He didn't get moved until late in the afternoon, so before we headed over to see him, we spent time with my family for Sunday dinner.

We picked my aunt up today from her nursing home and brought her to my parent's house for Sunday dinner. She should only be in the nursing home another week and boy is she anxious to get home, and who wouldn't be?

My niece came home from NYC for a couple of days to see everyone. When she walked into the kitchen she hugged my mom (her grandma) and she told her how much she missed her and they both burst into tears. My other two aunts and I were in the kitchen with them and we all started to cry. Lots of emotions going around today, but it was a nice moment.

My parents ended up with a houseful, and a lot of the cousins stopped by and it is always fun when the kids are together. And the ravioli's were delicious as well!

I have been watching the Oscars tonight, but will be off to bed soon. Even though I only saw one of the nominated movies, I enjoyed watching.

Tomorrow back to work after a week off, that is always a hard day, but once I am back, I will be right back into the swing of things.

P.S. Spell Check is working again!!

4 comments:

Moohaa said...

Sounds like a great family time. Sorry about your fil's stuff. That's awful that they would lose it. They should offer to replace it... or reimburse him. Take care!

jAMiE said...

I am glad you had such a nice family time, it sounded like it was wonderful.

I hadn't seen any of the movies but i enjoyed the Oscars, though i couldn't help rooting for some of my favourites....i am so behind on movies.

mosiacmind said...

The day sounds like a really great day. I remember when my youngest nephew got married my mom ended up in tears much with all he shared with her about how much he loved her and such.

Cheryl said...

I'll reply here to your comment. I was floored that the baby was Aaron! I was expecting a blond baby that looked like Sawyer. So...the rest of the crew must still be on the island. Did Jack say 6 survived the crash? I love this show. Now I have to watch yesterday's episode. First I have to work on my letter to Dell.