Followers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents' Day

Yesterday was a good time. The husband and I invited my best friend down to see our friend’s art exhibit and it was fantastic. The artist used to be our hairdresser. I admire how much work she has put into her art and that she kept it up while also home schooling her two sons. I was so proud of her because she followed her dream.

After we left there we headed down to another art museum, one where my husband’s grandmother and aunt sometimes have their paintings displayed. No family work on display this weekend, but it was fun to show my friend this museum which at one time was a boarding house for artists from all over the world.

We stopped for dinner at our favorite fish house down by the shoreline before we headed home. We had a nice Sunday afternoon outing.

Today was just chore day and I finally finished reading The Law of Attraction, by Jerry and Esther Hicks. One idea that made me stop in my tracks regarding negativity that was stated in the book is that when something negative happens, it may only last a short time. But then we usually spend hours of time thinking about it and talking about it and we stay in that negative place which just attracts more negativity to us. Oh yes, it is true for me! I am trying so hard to change the way I think, my perspective about situations and especially being more aware of how much time I get stuck in negativity. I really do want to make some significant changes this year. I have all the theories in my head, but really fall short when it comes to putting them into practice on a regular basis.

Tomorrow I am going to work on making a vision board and focus on the things that are important to me in my life…. after I return my library book!

3 comments:

Moohaa said...

When it comes to negativity, I am trying to see the good in each situation. See where God is trying to work in my life, even when it doesn't seem like He's around.

Sounds like you had a great Sunday.

Take care!

jAMiE said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, so glad.

Have fun making your vision board!

Jamie said...

Your Sunday sounds wonderful! I want to be able to walk outside again, meander around art exhibits..ah, the winter that WILL NOT end.

I am a new reader, and I will be back.

:)