Followers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Day

A snow day today! It sure is nice having a 3 day weekend. I am trying to get to all the things I let slide over the past couple of days.


The snow storm did not develop into the big storm that they predicted. It is actually quite warm outside, and the snow that was supposed to last until midnight stopped late morning. So we were pretty lucky, we have just enough snow so it is pretty out and it is easy to shovel, but not so much to cause big disruptions all over the state.



My son goes back to college tomorrow, so it was nice to have the day home with him today to hang out help him pack. He has to go back an extra week early due to a training he has to attend.


Tonight we are taking him out to dinner on a gift card that I received for RuthChris Steak House. He has never been there and is excited about going.


It is always a bit of a bummer when he leaves to go back to school, he has been fun to have around and not to mention how helpful he has been. But they grow up and go off and have their own lives, just like they are supposed to!


9 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, how nice to have a three day weekend, and beautiful snow outside to top it off.

Enjoy your day off!

Andrew said...

Oh, I am so envious of the snow. We are predicted to get a small bit -- probably our only snow for years so I will be hopping on my weather blog the next few days. I've always wanted to go to RuthChris after hearing it advertised for years on the radio here. Y'all have a great time and thank you so much for your blog!

Moohaa said...

Three day weekends always feel like a holiday when my hubby gets to stay home. Looks beautiful!

I can't even think about my boys going off to college. Makes me sad!! Hows your heart, mom?

Patty said...

The snow picture is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Patty said...

No need to post this on the blog, and I don't mean to be a stalker, but I have an idea of how you can tap into XM and listen to Marianne and A Course in Miracles. Please e-mail me so I can share with you.

Thanks.

Lena said...

Kelly,
My heart was sadder than usual today to have him go off. He got back safely, and we have already adjusted to the empty nest once again. Thanks for asking.
Lena

Lena said...

Patty,

Thanks for the info, that was sweet, but I able to get the lessons just fine on Oprah.com.

Lena

Moohaa said...

Aww, hugs coming to you!

Cheryl said...

How was RuthChris? I've eaten there twice and both times it was a fabulous treat!